Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Day 65!

Joshua got up before the sun this morning to come see me (and Optimus Prime) and Daddy wasn't far behind him. After spending the morning together as just boys Mommy got up and Ms. Beth came over to make some more memories with me and my brothers. Today we made a concrete stepping stone with my name and footprints in it. Joshua and Jonathan then decorated it with different color rocks, marbles and glitter. I'll try to put a finished product photo on the blog once it's all dry. I was totally fine with sticking my feet in it, but Jonathan didn't like getting his fingers dirty at all!
As Ms. Beth was walking out the door, Ms. Chrissy and her daughters, Delaney and Chloe, along with Ms. Tammy came walking in! How exciting! It's been a while since we've had back to back visitors! Chloe was so excited to see me. She kept saying, "Baby Jacob. I love Baby Jacob," and wanting to touch and hold me. Her Mommy says that she has actually renamed all of her dollies at home Baby Jacob. Boys and girl dollies alike! I guess that's okay! I got passed around a lot, but mostly Ms. Tammy hogged me! That's okay... it was her first time at our house and I don't think she's held me since the hospital. Ms. Tammy brought her autoharp and the girls all sang to me. Check out the sweet medley video on the sidebar. There's also some great video of me and Chloe and stuff from St. Patrick's Day if you missed it!
I managed to pull my tube completely off my face again so we tried taking a bottle again this afternoon. I drank about 10 Ml and then got bored and tired so I started playing with it instead. Not where I need to be, but better than nothing I guess! Mommy took me for my first shower. I'm still not sure how I feel about it. At first I really didn't like all those water drops hitting me all over my body. But, as it got warmer, it reminded me of a bath and so it wasn't so bad. Still has that terrible ending though - where they pull you out of that nice warm place and into a cold room and wrap you up with a rough cold towel! Blach! That almost makes the whole experience not worth it. Almost. I love my baths way too much to give em up! Mommy wasn't real keen on the whole experience either... she said I look like a cute little fuzzy cat until you get me all wet and then I look like a pitiful pathetic little wet cat! She says it lovingly though! :) We'll just stick to baths from now on!
Ms. Heidi and her family brought us over dinner which we enjoyed and then had movie night together as a family (which I slept through most of... that's ok, Mommy says I didn't miss much!) Hope you have a great day!

P.S. Chloe says,
"PEACE OUT!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are becoming quite the ladies' man, Jacob! As Delaney sang to you, I think you were doing the arm motions to "Deep and Wide" - maybe even better than my 3rd grade SS class. Chloe did a great job singing to you and holding you, even when you squirmed! Blessings to you and your wonderful family! - Lynne B.

Anonymous said...

Jacob,
You are not alone in not really liking the showers. Nate and Tony hated showers!! They also are bath men, like yourself...
Still praying buddy! You are such an inspiration to our family!
Love,
The Booths
www.chrisandrandi.us

Michelle Jamie said...

Doesn’t your big brother make you feel so special?

I think if I got a chance to hold you I’d also be saying “I’m holding baby Jacob, I love baby Jacob”.

Lets pray the Lord give you some stamina to drink more. It must have been tricky for mommy, in the shower, to clean you when you had soap on you and you were all slippery! Once again another first!

Anonymous said...

Dear Jacob, As I pray for you tonight, I'm claiming the verse on your site, particularly.... "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made".

We serve an amazing God who makes wonderful creations - like you! The faith and determination of you and your family are beautiful gifts to me and so many others. Thank you for blessing me, sweet boy! With love - Lynne B.