Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Day 43 - 6 Weeks Baby!

Well 6 weeks and I'm still truckin'! Here's a shot of my birthday brownies from my 6 week birthday celebration! Bet you wish you were there don't ya? Well ... at least you can watch the video on the sidebar!

Last night I kept Daddy up pretty much the whole night. Daddy relieved Mommy around 1 AM and I decided to remind him what Mommy's been going through with me for the past couple of nights! He gave up somewhere around 7:30 and called in for backup! Can you believe he could say no to such a beautiful face?

The ladies from CompassionNet and Essential Care came over today to gawk at me and my pictures and scrapbooks and website... I guess they also talked to Mommy and Daddy about some stuff.... but mostly just goo goo'd and gah gah'd over me! Can you blame em?
Gramma and Grampa came over for dinner and my 6 week birthday party! Mommy had to run out because she was going shopping with some of the girls from church. They went and bought all kinds of scrapbooking supplies for the Children's Hospital Neonatal Intensive Care Unit nurses. When I was in there they took such good care of me and one night they made a poster of pictures of me. But, they had to work with hospital tape and whiteout and their printer had just died. So we used some of the money from our fundraiser and bought them a new photo printer, ink and paper, and all kinds of scrapbooking stuff (scissors, stickers, paper, punches, etc). This way, when other special babies are born there they can do an even better job of surprising the mommies and daddies when they come to see their babies! I sure hope they like it! Since I had Daddy all to myself again while Mommy was out I decided to stay awake and fuss until Mommy came home.

But Jonathan helped take care of me!


8 comments:

amanda said...

I had a smile on my face the entire video-all your boys are precious! Happy Birthday to Jacob!

Praying for you!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the parents of other special babies will appreciate your gift! I love the thumb sucking pictures from a few days ago - you and your brothers are so cute! Your mommy and daddy must be so proud of all of you!

mrsrubly said...

happy b-day Jacob i love the new pic..just too handsome lil one. god bless you sweetie

The VW's said...

I love that picture of Jacob all bundled up! What a handsome little fella!

Maybe you should give a shift to each of your other boys during the night? They seem to have lots of energy and take such good care of Jacob! :)

Thanks for continuing to share each day of Jacob's life with us! It is such a blessing to me! May God give you His grace today and always!

Jenny said...

As a fellow scrapbooker, I'm in tears. What a gracious and special gift you gave the NICU. I know the families who receive the fruits of your gift will be forever grateful. You guys are awesome!

Happy 6 weeks Jacob (and family :) )

Pauline said...

I am a scrapper at heart and love to scrap several months ago i got together with a grp of friends and we created a bunch of 8x8 pages that i would love the opporunity to send to those awesome nurses on your behalf, please email me so that i can get an address.
thanks
pauline
scrappinauntie@aol.com

Unknown said...

Keep your dukes up little man - you're doing so good to make sure you were at your 6 week party! Happy birthday handsome! We're praying for all the days ordained for you! So glad your Mommy, Daddy, brothers, and family are loving on you so well!

The Adoption Of William said...

He looks so good. The birthday party video was adorable!


With blessings and love,

Jen-William's Mom