Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Another Fanmail

Jacob,
I sit here on this beautiful sunny day that God has given us trying to find the words to express how I feel. Putting my feelings into words is not something I do well. My /'Official Fan of Jacob' /shirt arrived on Saturday May 24 and I wore it the following Wednesday but for some reason did not take a picture to send to you. On Saturday, May 31st, you reminded me to get my butt in gear and send you that picture. That same afternoon I told your mom that I would get it to you sometime his week. By that evening I was kicking my self for not taking that picture earlier in the week - for you went home to be with the Lord that evening. This has been tearing me up on the inside for the past two days. Jacob, my little buddy, here is my picture (I look like a dweeb) taken today, Monday, June 2, at the University of Buffalo, in front of the Jacobs School of Management (WOW! they already have a building named after you - okay, it was named after someone else but I won't tell if you don't).
I am not sure what God's plan was for you in my life. What I do know is for those of you that do not know Jesus as you savior do so TODAY. We may not have a tomorrow, a next week, or a next year. Our time on earth is short. Open your bible NOW and start reading in the book of John. /"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16)./ Jacob is now living that eternal life with our heavenly father.
I was glad that I got to know you in your short time here. I will miss our cuddling times and little chats. While it is a time of mourning it is also a time of celebrating your new life with our heavenly father. As the tears flow I know that one day I will see you again. Miss you and thanks to you and your family for letting me be part of your life. My prayers are with you all.
Miss Sue
(PS - I promise to keep your mom supplied with brownies)

1 comment:

Melissa Dovel said...

Not real sure where to leave my comments- I read your blog the day that Jacob went home to be with the Lord and have been praying for your family for the past days- I did comment and I just want you to know that people all over are hurting with you for your loss. Not that it makes it better. I have read a few blogs of those before you who have lost their babies- Your husband is right it just sucks- I originally thought look how many days they were blessed to be with him when some only have min. hours or a few days. It does not matter cause its never enough. I pray that the Lord brings you what you need at the times you need it. I am so sorry for your loss and I celebrate with you that he is in heaven. Lots of lives will be changed by The life of Jacob Ryan Fahmer and his daily updates (so funny and sweet). Never feel that you feel short of celebrating every single moment with him.

In God's Hands He has your peace,
Melissa Dovel