Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Day 17

Today I went to see my doctor again! The doctors have told Mommy and Daddy that since I have complex congenital heart disease (double outlet right ventricle/transposition of the great arteries/vsd) that I might start to have heart failure as early as 2 weeks. I guess this means that I could get liquid in my lungs and it would be hard to breathe. But my doctor said everything looks good today! He said that my liver isn't enlarged (nothing on my body is large!), and that's a good sign! I currently weigh 3 pounds 13 ounces - up 1 ounce from last week - but at least I'm not losing! Doc told Mommy and Daddy to feed me more. Amen doc! My eyes are a little red and doc gave me some yucky medicine that makes my eyes all goopy just like when I was first born.
I made my first visit to Gramma and Grampa's house today after the doctors appointment. I slept through most of it. I slept most of my day away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jacob...the Lord has you right under his wing!

You're such a special little guy, the message of your life has taught so many people so many lessons!

Good work little guy! Keep it up!

Laurie in Ca. said...

Praying for you today sweet Jacob. Jesus holds your heart in His hands and He has His eye on you at all times. He has the last word about your life. More food, now that's good news for a growing boy! I am a grandma myself, so I KNOW how much your visit to their house meant for them, pure joy. I am praying for you and your family each day that you have sweet time together. You are so loved and such a miracle. I love miracles so this means I love you!

Love, Laurie in Ca.